Senior Manager, Credit Policy and Portfolio Management
At Westpac our vision is to be one of the world's great service companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow. Banking is changing and credit risk needs to change with it. Whether it's open banking, FinTech disruption, evolving customer and regulatory expectations, climate change or any of the other challenges and opportunities facing the sector - for Westpac to be successful our credit policy will need to change and adapt too. Leading credit policy for the bank, the Senior Manager, Credit Policy and Portfolio Management will ensure that our policy anticipates and responds to these challenges, while delivering a sound portfolio that protects Westpac's long-term profitability.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Risk Analytics, the Senior Manager, Credit Policy and Portfolio Management, is a senior leader within the Risk function and holds a position of considerable influence across the organisation. Their team is responsible for:
- recommending appropriate credit risk appetite settings for all asset classes;
- determining credit and lending policies that support the business' strategic objectives and are in line with the Board’s risk appetite;
- partnering with the business to drive continuous improvement in WNZL's credit risk management maturity;
- maintaining a credit delegation framework that supports the business' strategic objectives, is appropriate given the Board's risk appetite, and is aligned to the level of skill and competence of the lender;
- developing, monitoring and reporting portfolio-level key risk indicators to ensure that changing patterns and concentrations of risk/reward are identified early and appropriately responded to;
- maintaining effective governance, record keeping and reporting of credit policies, credit authorities and processes to satisfy internal and external assurance requirements;
- delivering a progressively more efficient credit risk management framework, including faster decisions and simpler policies and processes;
- representing the team, and reporting on and explaining the portfolio's credit risk dynamics, to a range of stakeholders including senior management, regulators, the WNZL Board, rating agencies and others
What you’ll need to succeed:
We seek curious, change agile, collaborative people who understand how credit policy and strategy can truly drive the bank’s success. We would like to hear from candidates who possess the following:
- Significant (10+ years) experience in Risk Management or Credit roles. Given the nature of the role, significant Credit Policy experience is required.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytically minded. Understands the role Credit plays in relation to key drivers of business performance.
- Willing and eager to seek an analytical framework for the policy work they are doing (direction of policy)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, consult and advise executive and external industry and government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to influence the business to ensure Credit Risk processes and policies are adhered to
- Demonstrated ability to provide performance uplift as an inspiring leader of leaders
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the business
Apply today with your CV and Cover Letter. We're also keen to have a chat with all shortlisted applicants about workplace flexibility. For a confidential conversation, please contact Tanuja Amat, Tanuja.firstname.lastname@example.org