Senior Hydro / Power Engineer
With more than 8,500 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the pacific region, GHD people share a commitment to the communities in which we operate and we have an on-going requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected global network.
What we offer:
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. Our culture is diverse and highly collaborative. We can give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects with industry leaders. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD also provides attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School, flexible leave, family-friendly practices and an active social club.
We are currently looking for experienced hydro/power engineers to work on infrastructure projects across New Zealand. Ideally, candidates would have experience in one or more of:
- Working in a consulting environment
- Power generation feasibility and technical studies
- Working on multi-disciplinary civil infrastructure projects
- Design of hydro power and other renewable energy source projects – solar and wind would be an advantage
- Site inspections
- Technical specifications covering new installations and refurbishment
- Concept design and detailed design management
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance, refurbishment and repairs
- Demonstrated renewable energy market knowledge and business development abilities
- Preparation of proposals and bids for projects
The roles we are looking to fill would suit candidates with between 6 – 20+ years of relevant work experience.
Our Power team operates out of our Auckland office, and projects are NZ-wide as well as throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Key skills required:
- Communication skills
- Commercial awareness and cost control
- Strong client focus (both internally and externally)
- Site safety and quality experience
- Design management
- Project management
- Risk Awareness
- Washington Accord (4 year) Degree qualified
- Professional Accreditation an advantage
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume to Renee Brennan – NZRecruitment@ghd.com