- Invercargill based
- Diverse HR leadership opportunity
- 12-month fixed term
- Strategic and operational focus
Based at Tiwai Point, New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter (NZAS) makes some of the purest aluminium in the world, using renewable hydro-electricity, and we are proud of the fact that NZAS is one of only a handful of smelters that can market under Rio Tinto’s RenewAl brand. This guarantees that our aluminium is made from traceable raw materials and is produced with electricity from low carbon sources, using world class smelting processes.
An internal secondment provides this unique opportunity for an experienced HR Leader to further progress their career in a business which is a Southland success story.
Reporting to the Commercial and Support Services Manager and leading a team of three experienced HR professionals and one fixed term HR Officer, the Senior HR Specialist is accountable for the delivery of strategic and operational HR solutions, aligned with NZAS’s HR strategy and business objectives. This will entail:
- Quickly establishing yourself as a trusted advisor and leader, so as to make a positive impact during the fixed term.
- Leading and supporting the onsite HR team with their business partnership activities across all areas of operational HR such as ER/IR, recruitment and selection, performance management, absenteeism and workforce planning.
- Leading and overseeing annually occurring HR processes such as the performance and remuneration review processes and succession planning.
- Continuing to foster a continuous improvement and solutions focused approach to HR whilst ensuring best practice and legal compliance is maintained at all times.
- Working with NZAS leaders on several key strategic HR focus areas, for example, creating a step change in inclusion and diversity.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated successful HR leadership experience across a broad range of strategic and operational HR initiatives. They will pride themselves on taking a continuous improvement approach and have exceptional relationship building skills, with a wide range of people. A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred as is experience in a medium to large organisation where a ‘business partnership’ HR model is the norm.
This is an interesting and important fixed term leadership role with an attractive remuneration package in a supportive organisation - a great opportunity for an HR Leader looking for that next challenge!
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 720426KE. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Gretchen McFadden on +64 3 379 7334.