If you value autonomy, mastery and purpose in your work and will thrive in a team environment where every day is different, we'd love to speak to you!
Our people keep our clients coming back, and are known for delivering award winning solutions, working collaboratively, and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in their development, well-being, and their ambitions.
Tonkin + Taylor is an environmental and engineering consultancy committed to strong partnerships that help our clients and our people realise their goals. Become an integral member of our team, where your hard work and positive work ethic will be rewarded! Tonkin + Taylor Ltd is a specialist, employee-owned New Zealand environmental and engineering consultancy and an established New Zealand market leader, renowned for our innovative solutions and exceptionally talented people.
We are currently working on some exciting projects including Mt Messenger realignment in Taranaki, Central Rail Link (CRL), and Piritahi. Further details below.
- Passionate about geotechnical engineering
- An enquiring mind which can identify and deliver high value to clients
- Innovative, collaborative person
- At least 5 to 15 years' experience in a similar role
- BE Civil or equivalent, possibly with post graduate qualifications
Role and responsibilities
Technical lead and management of complex geotechnical investigation and design for a variety of building and infrastructure projects, including interacting with clients and building relationships.
Projects, and opportunities for 2020 include:
- Wellington CBD building foundations; earthquake engineering, soil structure interaction
- Various Wellington CBD building projects at feasibility, design and construction stages
- Various railway network projects
- State highway 4 slope stability remedial works, Wellington
- Earthworks, bridge foundations, retaining structures, tunnels and other ground structures as part of land and infrastructure development
- Port and coastal facilities
- Geotechnical hazards including slope stability and liquefaction
- Earthquake shaking hazard; probabilistic seismic hazard assessments (PSHA)
Why join T+T?
We reward innovation, technical rigour and delivery of projects. With our commitment to training, we will support your career needs and provide opportunities for development. We are a dedicated team of professionals who enjoy our work and like to have fun!
Our staff are known for delivering award-winning solutions, working collaboratively, and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients.
We are proudly 100% employee-owned and operated, and live and breathe the T+T goal to be 'the Best to work for, the Best to work with, and the Best at what we do'.
You may also enjoy a range of benefits as below:
- Active social club
- $500 annual Wellbeing Allowance
- Shareholding opportunities
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Long service leave entitlements and sabbatical opportunities
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, fruit baskets
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- New Zealand owned
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
Apply now! For further information on T+T, go to www.tonkintaylor.co.nz
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer and a member of Diversity Works