- Newly created full time senior role for a communications and stakeholder engagement expert
- Fixed term two years
- Deliver internal and external communications and customer engagement
- Based in Wellington CBD, Stout Street
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, and streamlining regulation.
About the role
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced communications and engagement professional to join MBIE and support our work in the Labour, Science and Enterprise group across high profile areas including regional economic development.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with specific branches, teams or programmes on an account management basis. As well as supporting internal MBIE customers, you will also help provide high quality communications support to Ministerial offices. You will be focussed on external communications, design and implementation of communications strategies, and customer engagement whilst working flexible with other communications teams within MBIE ensuring seamless client service. You will also support Engagement Advisors to grow their knowledge and experience on engagement and effective engagement strategies.
You will need to bring
You will work with a broad variety of stakeholders, including working with Ministers' offices, and external stakeholders in other public services agencies. You will need to be people focused and thrive under pressure, and have a pro-active approach wanting to deliver best practice communication solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Over 5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and delivering engagement strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking to engage and connect with a broad variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex environment with a strong degree of agility and flexibility.
- Strong proven experience on providing customer focused solutions and services.
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels including MBIE senior leadership and staff in Minister's offices.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
If this sound like you, and you would like to join an organisation that works to better support connect and strengthen businesses, then we would like to hear from you.