Wellington or Auckland
- Do you want the opportunity to work with true Big Data and cutting-edge tools?
- Are you keen to utilise your strong coding ability and data engineering experience to enable quick and effective decision-making by the Digital business?
- Do you want the chance to bring your ideas to fruition and allow your talent to shine?
Creating Great Together
At BNZ we're committed to shaking up banking and creating solutions that will change the way people interact with their money - making effortless, secure and more delightful experiences. Keen to be involved in helping customers be good with their money so they can do good things with it?
Our Digital data analytics team are gifted with an amazing modern stack/toolset, but we need more brilliant engineers to leverage it. The team support Digital and Apps to make data led decisions and we're after a talented Senior Data Engineer with lots of experience and a collaborative mindset to join the team.
About the Role
Reporting to our Digital Analytics Manager, you'll help the team meet their full potential by ensuring we have robust data pipelines and high quality, accurate and timely data from which to work. We're looking for someone who can apply their deep knowledge of software development practices to continuously set the standard for our processes.
It's a highly collaborative role so you'll be working with our development teams and other parts of the Bank's data ecosystem, as well as coaching and mentoring those in the immediate team.
As an experienced Senior Data Engineer, you'll be an excellent team player with an excitement for new technology, and commitment to continuous improvement. You'll also bring:
- Previous experience in ETL design, development of data schemas, and data curation (ideally 5+ years' in data engineering or a related field)
- Demonstrable experience automating data and deployment pipelines.
- Knowledge and experience using modern data platforms (Spark, Hadoop, Kaftka)
- Advanced coding ability (eg Python, Scala), expert SQL Query skills and experience with relational data.
- A passion for coaching and mentoring others
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills.
Working at BNZ
At BNZ, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Flexibility: We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you
If you would like to find out more about our team and what it's like to work here apply today!
Applications close 16 February 2020.