Page Macrae Engineering are one of New Zealand’s largest employers of mechanical engineers. We have over 200 full-time employees, apprentices and contractors.
A commitment to career development, a rewarding work environment and modern, well-equipped facilities, makes us a sought-after employer in the industry.
A unique opportunity has come up in Mount Maunganui for a Mechanical Senior Engineer to lead our Mechanical Design Team.
A permanent opportunity to manage a team of four, take a lead on some exciting large projects and influence our future product line. With a Projects and Sales team as internal customers, this role is dynamic, busy and exciting for the right person!
This role will include:
· Day to day supervision and management of the engineering & drafting team
· Lead detailed engineering design, directing internal and external engineering resources to meet client deadlines
· Set design delivery schedule and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
· Take an influencing lead on strategic planning and future product design
The successful applicant will have:
· Good people management skills
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and be registered (or gain registration) with Engineering New Zealand as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
· Great analytical and math skills
· Incredible problem-solving abilities
· Ability to collaborate and manage teams and stakeholder
· Ability to make sound decisions quickly
· Computer aided design (CAD) modeling and drafting experience in Autodesk Inventor
· Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
If you enjoy working in a team environment and wish to work for a market leader, apply with your CV and a letter outlining why you should be part of our team.
We are dedicated to protecting your health, safety and environment by ensuring our workplaces are smoke, alcohol and drug free.