We are looking for a Senior Consultant, Risk Assurance to join a growing 2nd Line team that is driving how IAG do assurance and make an impact in the business. Help Assurance to have a "strong seat at the leadership table'.
IAG NZ is a fast-paced organisation that is constantly looking at how it can further improve itself to service our customers, staff and stakeholders better. This elevates the importance of assessing and promoting a strong risk and assurance culture within our business.
IAG is making a significant investment in uplifting the way in which risk is managed within our business, particularly the valuable role that assurance plays to protect and create value. This is your chance to join a team that is a true advocate for our customers, a team that celebrates pushing boundaries and delivering exceptional outcomes.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Assurance, the role of Senior Consultant, Risk Assurance within our Risk & Strategy function is a key role to help transform the way assurance is making an impact in the business across all three lines of defence. You will work across all areas of IAG NZ and make a difference by:
- Contributing to the enhancement and implementation of the Risk Assurance strategy, frameworks and tools.
- Bringing technical knowledge and good practices to continuously enhance all things assurance, and to be a subject matter expert for advice to 1st Line Assurance functions.
- Monitoring all assurance delivery outputs and results across the business to provide an impactful consolidated line of sight to senior management where they can take comfort and where attention is required.
- Undertaking analysis of information to identify emerging trends and themes that can be elevated to influence decisions and focus.
- Performing a wide range of assurance activities over key systems, processes and functions.
Who are you?
We're looking for someone with a good balance of commercial acumen, personal drive and agility. You'll be someone who likes to ask the question 'why' in order to understand and challenge the status quo. You'll know the right questions to ask and will have an aptitude for understanding, interpreting & presenting complex information in a clear and succinct manner.
Critical to your success will be your:
- Extensive experience, in a financial services organisation or within professional consultancy firm, in performing and advising on effective assurance frameworks that creates value and improves the overall control environment.
- Ability to constantly innovate and influence how assurance is done in a robust manner to maximise the value derived from the assurance efforts.
- High level of enthusiasm and ability to engender enthusiasm in others, build strong relationships and influence.
- Experience in dealing with a range of stakeholders (including senior management) on risk and assurance related matters.
- Degree or post graduate qualification.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We are committed to creating flexible and inclusive work, so not only do we offer career development opportunities across IAG, we will also offer you a range of great perks which include:
- MyFlex - our commitment to making sure we support our People by providing a flexible and inclusive work environment.
- 50% discount on IAG insurance (with any of our brands)
- Annual $500 Health & Wellness benefit
- One paid volunteer day per year to contribute to meaningful causes
Applications close 9th of August at 5pm
If you have any questions or are looking to have a confidential chat, feel free to get in touch with Jenny Yip (09 969 6167)