- Further your career in strategic asset management planning
- Be part of the new Northland Transportation Alliance
- Make the lifestyle move to Whangarei
We’re reshaping how transportation and roading services are delivered in Northland with an Alliance that’s a first of its kind in New Zealand. The Northland Transportation Alliance is a collaboration between the Whangarei, Kaipara and Far North District Councils, Northland Regional Council and the New Zealand Transport Agency to deliver joined-up services and achieve more for Northland.
As one of three Senior Asset Engineers in the Alliance you’ll drive strategic asset management of local roads in Northland, with a specific emphasis on the Far North network. You’ll be joining a co-located Alliance team that delivers professional transportation services across Northland including asset and network management, capital projects delivery, the regional land transport programme, and public transport and road safety initiatives.
This role is ultimately about delivering value for money and agreed levels of service to the road user customer. In this role, you will:
· lead the development of long-range asset management plans and maintenance intervention strategies
· develop and agree the investment in the annual maintenance and renewals programmes, and monitor the effectiveness of these programmes in meeting service level targets
· lead the transition to the One Network Road Classification, and champion new approaches and technologies and improved asset management practices
· contribute to the development of land transport policies
· provide direction and support as line manager of two to three staff.
You’ll bring to this role:
· a diploma or degree qualification in civil or transportation engineering
· significant asset management experience with a road maintenance and renewals focus
· a high level of commercial acumen with skills in programme and business case development
· leadership and excellent communication and relationship building skills
· a flexible, innovative and collaborative approach.
Northland is a growing region that offers a warm climate, beautiful forests and some of the best beaches and coastal areas in the world. Whangarei boasts excellent rural and coastal lifestyle options as well as a developing town centre. Plus you’ll be close to Auckland so can take advantage of the large city buzz when you want to without the daily commutes and traffic jams.
Applications close 30 April 2017
Click Apply Now or contact Lisa Hulley on 09 283 9568 in confidence.
Northland Transportation Alliance has engaged Peak Recruitment to assist in the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
DDI +64 (0)9 283 9568; M +64(0)27 688 8831; E email@example.com