At BNZ we are committed to providing our customers an unrivalled banking experience and the Technology team is made up of dedicated individuals who take pride in their work and deliver high quality solutions to our clients.
We are looking for collaborative and creative programmers who loves analysing gnarly problems and designing and developing clever Java based solutions. You will be joining our Wellington team of amazing programmers and testers who love seeing how they are positively impacting our customers on a day to day basis.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for being agile and progressing the design, build and implementation of technology solutions to meet our business and customers' needs. You will support and continually improve our systems, working with the business, technology and industry professionals to determine the requirements and deliver what is needed.
- Working with product owners, BA's and your peers in the team to create sustainable solutions that excite our customers
- Providing consultancy, analysis, design, develop, test and support around BNZ's software
- Challenging yourself to improve the efficiency and quality of existing processes and systems to create new opportunities
- Monitoring and controlling risk to ensure sustainable business and customer outcomes
- Jumping in to resolve production issues quickly and effectively
- Mentoring and supporting other team members
We're looking for the following:
- Familiarity with CI/CD automation tools and cloud based platforms
- Familiarity with the banking industry
- Experience working with external vendors
- Experience planning and coordinating small projects
- Worked in environments using Agile/SCRUM/KANBAN
- A passion for excellence, and being part of a collaborative, supportive team culture
Working flexibly at BNZ
We're committed to creating an energising workplace for our people and offer a variety of different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be our best inside and outside of work, while still delivering for our customers. Talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Some of our other benefits include:
- great staff banking benefits
- generous leave entitlements - including flexible sick leave and domestic leave
- option to purchase an additional one to two weeks annual leave
- discretionary performance incentive schemes
- flexible working options.
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now
If you would like to know more about Life at BNZ and how you can help re imagine banking for our customers, please visit www.bnz.careers.co.nz or click the apply now button to submit your confidential application.
Applications close Tuesday, 19 February 2019.