- Enhance controls in line with compliance and best practice.
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a key player in the country’s biosecurity system.
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. OSPRI works closely with shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months including the recent establishment of a high performing, collaborative, and forward-thinking organisation with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. The next step OSPRI’s evolution has been to create a new Senior Advisor, Quality and Assurance position to support the vision of this team.
About the Role
This role will design and implement frameworks and approaches and examine and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of OSPRI’s internal and external control systems and procedures. A good understanding of compliance and audit frameworks and business reporting will provide the information to identify compliance rates, both internally and externally under the legislative framework. This position will engage and influence a diverse range of portfolios across the business, requiring an agile mind to design and develop effective quality, compliance and assurance frameworks and reporting tools to enable reporting and the identification of trends and patterns.
This is an exciting role for someone who is eager to ensure an organisation can perform at its best with structured frameworks and approaches in quality, compliance and assurance , and suits some who:
- Has experience in developing frameworks to assess and monitor quality, compliance and assurance
- Understands the role of a regulator
- Has a proven ability to identify trends, patterns, and recommend appropriate action.
- Understands business analysis and reporting and can identify areas of strength and improvement.
- Has the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders in OSPRI
- Holds strong numerical and data analytical skills, with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances and holds themselves and others accountable to meet commitments
- Has a commitment to educate and support internal staff and customers on improving quality and compliance.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000