Role with real potential to to help drive a strategic cross-government capability programme within the Finance Sector.
- Do you want to play an integral role in building capability of finance professionals across government?
- Do you want to make a genuine difference within the public sector?
- Chance to work with an extensive range of stakeholders across government and within the Treasury
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a highly-skilled and motivated Senior Advisor to join the Finance Development Programme (FDP) as part of the Strategic Improvement (SPI) team here at Treasury.
A core role of the Treasury is improving the performance management of resources in delivering better outcomes for New Zealanders. The SPI team supports internal and external stakeholders to build and improve strategic financial management and understanding of performance across the State sector. This includes working with the government's finance profession (in support of the Head of Finance Profession) and across the Treasury.
The Finance Development Programme (FDP) is an initiative that seeks to harness the opportunities and resources that exist in a diverse, complex and interesting (State sector wide) organisation in a way that is co-ordinated and that supports development and a future focused approach as a sector.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to
- Oversee the development, design and delivery of the FDP
- Assist with setting of vision and direction for the finance profession within the State sector
- Provide advice to key stakeholders including senior finance leaders
- Build a strong network of relationships across the system
- Develop your influencing skills by supporting and coaching other members of the FDP team
- Leverage off what is working and support activities that will contribute to an uplift in strategic financial management capability across the sector.
- Experienced in and passionate about organisational development and talent management
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and work with others to create a vision and pathway to achieve that vision
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring less experienced staff as well as building effective relationships at all levels
- Understanding of public sector finance as well as project or programme management experience would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information effectively
- Critical thinking and analytical ability
What We Offer
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
- The ability for you to embrace new ways of working, new ways of thinking, and new ways of engaging
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team that is focused on development, constructive debate and collective impact.
The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements. Inter-agency secondments from other government agencies will also be considered.
Applications close - Thursday 5 December. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail. For more information please contact Megan Taylor, Manager, SPI at email@example.com.