- Assess, design, implement and monitor end-to-end process improvements.
- Build business capability in continuous improvement methodologies.
- Analyse issues to offer streamlined solutions that increase efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. OSPRI works closely with shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months including the recent establishment of a high performing, collaborative, and forward-thinking organisation with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. The next step OSPRI’s evolution has been to create a new Senior Advisor, Continuous Improvement position to support the vision of this team.
About the Role
Vital to OSPRI’s vision of ensuring a high performing, collaborative, and forward-thinking organisation, the Senior Advisor, Continuous Improvement role looks to work with the business to identify, analyse and improve organisational processes. Applying an organisation-wide approach, this role seeks out obstacles and aspects of confusion and duplication, offering and implementing short- and long-term solutions to provide streamlined processes. By seeking out the root cause of issues, and understanding continuous improvement methodologies, this position ensures OSPRI is able to operate efficiently and effectively, benefiting its customers and stakeholders.
This role will ensure that OSPRI is able to operate on all cylinders, and continue their momentum of a high performing, collaborative and forward-thinking organisation, suiting someone who:
- Knows what ‘good’ is, has an eye for detail.
- Is curious and looks for innovative ways of improving systems and processes.
- Is comfortable with analysing performance and data to understand trends and opportunities.
- Is a self-starter who takes on new opportunities and tough challenges, and holds themselves and others to account.
- Has experience in delivering successful business improvement initiatives and coaching diverse teams.
- Can monitor and analyse quality and quantitative data, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Has solid project management experience, and the ability to work across multiple functions of an organisation.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000