Our international corporate broking client is on the lookout for an exceptional leader in the actuarial space here in Auckland.
Are you an experienced senior actuary looking for your next move?
In this role you and your team will be providing clients of the firm with advice across a range of actuarial fields.
This is a leadership position which will require you to oversee and manage the technical delivery of the actuarial team and for you to be aligned with the firms clients' and the team's values around being accountable for service delivery and providing consistent, high quality work. This role is crucial to maintaining a high performance culture which understands values and delivers quality service to its clients.
You will be expected to build and maintain relationships with both external and internal stakeholders to expand the understanding of your role and the business.
- Ensuring the team meets its financial goals with a good understanding of underlying drivers of these;
- Ensuring the team is highly engaged and stays up to date with technical developments;
- Maintaining an environment of continuous improvement for clients and the team;
- Active involvement and leadership in strategy, initiatives and new services including execution.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a role of service delivery ('lead, not support')
- Fully qualified actuary (FNZSA)
- Experience in consulting environment including culture of chargeable hours and setting budgets.
- Experience advising clients including actuarial valuations, benefit designs, superannuation and other employee benefits and investment advice
- Practical application of technical expertise and commercial acumen
- Able to pro-actively market yourself and your team's services
- A personable nature and strong communication skills
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Results focussed with high levels of personal motivation, an innovative approach to problem-solving and a strong work ethic
For a confidential chat please contact Gary Bloxham on 09 887 7260 alternatively please forward a comprehensive CV with cover note to email@example.com.