Our vision at the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) is to make Wellington the most prosperous, liveable, and vibrant region in Australasia. We market Wellington as a destination for visitors, migrants and investors; help businesses grow and innovate; advocate for Wellington's economy; attract and promote major events and run civic venues.
- Do you love Wellington?
- Are you passionate about technology and what it means for our future?
- Are you interested in an exciting role that will make a difference to the Wellington economy?
Wellington has a thriving Technology sector, a close-knit eco-system of clever entrepreneurs working across technology sectors including Mobile, FinTech, Blockchain, GovTech, CyberSecurity…. boldly taking their solutions to the world. We support businesses and sectors on their journey of growth and expansion.
Our teams work across Business Growth & Innovation, Destination & Marketing, Events & Partnerships, Venues & Projects, and Foresight & Development. Your role in Sector Development & Business Attraction is part of the Business Growth and Innovation Team. We help innovate, we communicate and collaborate with clients and stakeholders in the greater Wellington region to achieve growth and sustainability.
As WREDA's Sector Development & Investment Manager for the ICT sector, you will be charged with creating and implementing a programme of activity to enable industry and sector growth.
Your excellent communication and relationship management skills will help you in your extensive engagement with industry leaders and businesses within the sector – both within Wellington, nationally and globally. You will be constantly looking for opportunities and developing projects to achieve sector cohesion, collaboration and growth. Your strong strategic expertise and analytical skills will enable you to identify common goals and, equally as important, identify barriers for growth.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to:
- Have experience in ICT business(es) and/or sector – it would be beneficial to have knowledge of the following areas:SaaS business model
- Investment attraction
- Telecommunications, fintech, cybersecurity, govtech, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- Coding experience and knowledge of the different coding languages
- Be commercially astute and have excellent influencing skills
- Have a strong understanding of business, ideally through entrepreneurial experience and be able to leverage the expertise of your networks with a results-driven approach
- Be a lateral and innovative thinker, ideally with experience in international high growth (Tech) businesses. We also think it's important that you have proven experience in project management and a good understanding of the importance of processes. You will probably have a background in international business and/or technology.
You will love a challenge because in this role the outcome is defined, but the way to get there is yet to be explored!
This is a unique opportunity to help shift the dial in Wellington's exciting tech scene.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, an open mind and a real drive to make a difference - we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Vathany Owen, HR Coordinator & Advisor on Vathany.Owen@WellingtonNZ.com. Visit WellingtonNZ.com/jobs to check out the job description.