Trade Me is one of New Zealand's busiest web platforms, with over 850,000 people (on average) visiting our sites and apps every day.
We're currently on the hunt for a data driven Search Marketing Manager to join our fabulous Marketplace Marketing team here in Wellington. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and execute the paid search strategy for one of NZ's biggest marketplaces. You'll be someone who loves diving into data, is highly organised, energetic and results driven. You'll be able to think on your feet, and communicate with ease to a range of stakeholders across the business.
In this role you will:
- Lead the paid search strategy - including strategy creation, execution, optimisation and budget allocation for all campaigns across desktop and mobile, including Google Shopping.
- Work closely with our media agency to manage and execute key campaigns, while continuing to test and broaden paid search exposure and build strategies and recommendations.
- Lead relationships and work closely with external suppliers (e.g. agencies & search engine providers) to maximise effectiveness of campaign performance.
- Manage and lead regular SEM reporting, presentations and strategic discussions in a way that is clear and articulate to all stakeholders.
- Be the subject matter expert for SEM and regularly identify and communicate trends and opportunities in this space (i.e. voice search).
- Have a deep understanding of our data and analytics platforms to gather insights for all campaigns, and demonstrate attribution modelling.
- Work closely with our Insights and Supply teams to identify product gaps and opportunities.
You will have:
- 5+ years' experience in strategy, planning and executing search engine marketing campaigns.
- Previous proven track record managing complex large scale paid search engine marketing campaigns in excess of $100k monthly budgets – retail experience is a real advantage.
- Demonstrated experience using any of the following SEM management tools: Google Adwords, Google Merchant Center, Marin Software, DoubleClick Search, Google Tag Manager.
- Google AdWords certified is mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience with attribution modelling and reporting in Google Analytics.
- A good understanding of Google Shopping, its place in modern day marketing, and how to leverage it effectively.
What we have to offer:
- This is an exciting role that will offer you the opportunity to really make an impact on the paid search strategy for Trade Me Marketplace
- You'll work with a bunch of passionate, positive people who are all striving to make things better.
- Free fruit and as much good coffee you can stomach in a work day.
- Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our -informal but serious' work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.