- Key Member Executive Leadership Team
- Engaged and Supportive Board
- Rangiora Based
MainPower New Zealand Limited owns and operates the electricity distribution network across the North Canterbury and Kaikoura regions. The network delivers electricity to a population of over 65,000 via 5,017 kilometres of overhead lines and underground cables, across a geographical area of 11,180 square kilometres. As an essential service provider, they invest in the electricity network to ensure a safe, secure and reliable power supply is provided to the region.
MainPower New Zealand Limited is a commercially successful, locally owned company which has been distributing electricity throughout the North Canterbury region for nearly 100 years. With a healthy balance sheet and assets in excess of $250 million, MainPower supplies electricity through its lines services to a population of over 65,000 – the vast majority of whom are shareholders.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive this senior role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced health & safety leader to promote the drive for excellence in risk, environmental and safety practices, building the skill base and competence across the organisation. With solid foundations already in place and a highly supportive Board, significant progress has been achieved with the health and safety culture. As a key member of MainPower’s disaster recovery team and business continuity planning framework, this role is also responsible to facilitate the integration of risk management into the strategic and business planning process.
Successful candidates will have:
- Held a senior role and have an expert understanding of H&S, environmental and wider business risk, preferably from within manufacturing/heavy industry/energy/high consequence environments.
- Extensive experience developing/executing strategy, policy and frameworks for health and safety and risk, alongside the development of operational plans
- Experience developing and maintaining an Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Demonstrated success using a modern and sustainable approach to risk and health & safety, together with an ability to envisage and drive change
- Exposure to quality and environmental leadership
- Exposure to civil defence emergency management
- A collaborative and practical approach with strong implementation skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves when needed
- A successful background in the development of relationships with internal operational staff and external stakeholders
- A strong focus on the leadership and development of your team
- A good level of commercial/financial acumen and is market savvy
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable but not essential.
Your style, fit and leadership skills are crucial to this role and we seek a candidate who understands and model’s behaviours in line with our values and culture. You will:
- Be proactive and known for ‘making things happen’
- Enjoy playing a key role in a Successful Team
- Experienced in building an environment of trust
- Practical and down to earth
- Drive continuous improvement
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 315281KE. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367