Colbourns is seeking a full time rug/carpet designer to join our Chelsea based design team.
Role Description The Colbourns design team collaborate with many of the top interior designers in London to produce bespoke rugs and carpets for the luxury residential market, both in the UK and abroad. As a member of the design team you will be involved in both developing conceptual artwork for pitches or collections, and in creating production-ready artwork for our factory.
The key responsibilities include:
- Technical production documentation
- Presentation artwork
- Supplier communication and quality control
- Working directly with clients to interpret their briefs
- Generating concepts for both collections and projects.
Type: Permanent - Full time
Working Hours: 9:00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Chelsea - London
Qualifications: Design related degree. E.g., textiles, interiors, fashion, industrial design
Skills + Attributes: Essential: Illustrator, Photoshop, attention to detail, a strong understanding of colour and scale, ability to work in a team, fluent in English, able to work in the UKIdeal: Basic AutoCAD.
Bonus: Knowledge of textile software, fluent in languages other than English, immediate availability
Experience: While experience working with hand-tufted rugs is ideal, it is not essential.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in
- Detailed production documentation
- Working with textile manufacturers
- Quality Control
- Bespoke Design
- Please provide: CV in PDF format
- Brief examples of previous work in PDF format.
- This should not exceed 10MBs.
A full portfolio can be discussed if you are invited for an interview. A cover letter is not required, please introduce yourself via email
Please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org