- Dual Maritime / HSE Focus
- Customer Focused Leadership Role
- Iconic Tourism Leader
Take strong risk and compliance plans and procedures and make them truly remarkable!
Real Journeys is an iconic, leading business in the New Zealand tourism sector. With a focus on authentic New Zealand experiences, Real Journeys has a stable of world renowned products including cruises through Milford and Doubtful Sounds, the Te Anau glow worm caves, the TSS Earnslaw and Walter Peak in Queenstown, Cardrona Alpine Resort and the International Antarctic Centre in Christchurch. This family owned company aims to stay true to its founders and their guiding principles of conservation and hospitality but also to bravely adapt for future business possibilities.
Real Journeys has an exceptional, approved MTOP and strong Health & Safety & Environmental plans and procedures in place across the business’s operations. The Risk & Compliance Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the management and continued development of these plans in conjunction with the Health & Safety Manager. The leadership and development of the large Launch Master team, through two direct report Chief Launch Masters, is a key focus. Ensuring that Real Journeys’ marine vessels are fully compliant with Maritime NZ’s regulations and also meet the company’s self-imposed standards are non-negotiable requirements. It is expected that this role will have a wider company involvement in other non-maritime assets and activities that have a risk and compliance association.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Senior level maritime management experience including direct involvement in risk and compliance
- Relevant experience in and a demonstrated commitment to health, safety and the environment
- Proven skills and experience in conducting workplace investigations
- The ability to lead and manage a large team of technical specialists in a dynamic, customer focused, operational environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and highly effective communication skills
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and a positive, proactive approach to work
Above all else you will want to lead the ongoing development of MTOP and HSE across the business.
Real Journeys is a progressive market leader. This senior level, Te Anau (preferred) or Queenstown based role could equally suit a highly experienced maritime professional or a strongly motivated individual looking for a step up to this level. A competitive remuneration package reflecting the level of the role will be negotiated with the appointee. The choice of role locations provides a range of attractive lifestyle options.
Confidential enquiries should be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 16 December 2016.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.