- Ideal opportunity to showcase your chemistry research knowledge in this 9 month contract role
- Experience industrial process applying research principals to multi component foods
- Exposure to exciting future commercial and technical projects and product launches with Fonterra
This 9 month contract role … which we hope to have starting as soon as possible! … is based at Fonterra's Palmerston North campus, a challenging and dynamic environment known for industry breakthroughs and world beating innovation.
As part of a high-performing, knowledgeable, supportive team at Fonterra Research and Development Centre it is a time to shine as you undertake leading-edge research and apply research technology at the commercial interface of the dairy industry.
Your understanding of the development of dairy food products, specifically around beverages, utilising chemistry principals to design and execute hypothesis-based research plans, will provide the knowledge and expertise to overcome technical hurdles or develop novel foods in conjunction with other scientists, engineers and applications specialists.
This is your chance to add value and innovate through the innovation pipeline, business support and new technology development aiding technicians and technical officers within the team to ensure efficient and effective service to customers
Skills and Experience
You will have...
- Experience working with food, preferably in applying Colloid Science, Chemistry or Rheology Principles.
- Knowledge and experience of working with beverages research and the stability of food structure.
- Proven ability to design, analyse and interpret experimental results
- An ability to integrate yourself into project teams and manage any ambiguity
- The ability to undertake independent research and apply your knowledge across a range of technologies
- An ability to think on a strategic and/or commercialisation level
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
A science background with a PhD and Post-doctoral experience in applying chemistry principles to food is highly desirable for this role.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply today
New Zealand-Manawatu-Wanganui-Palmerston North
Hours of Work Full time