This new role is an opportunity for an ambitious senior researcher to move into a leadership position, with huge potential for growth.
Buzz Channel is one of New Zealand's leading customer engagement consultancies. We help our clients know their customers and bring their stakeholders' voices into the heart of their organisation. We believe the more an organisation can listen to and understand its customers and communities, and work alongside them to co-create solutions that work, the more that organisation will succeed. We help bring clients closer to their customers.
We have a suite of proprietary, market-leading digital tools, a close-knit team of experienced researchers, analysts and developers, a reputation as a trusted advisor, and a solid base of repeat work with a wide range of clients.
We are in growth mode and we seek the right person to help drive our success, make it your own, and reap the rewards.
You might be seeking more autonomy in your role as a senior research leader, or looking for an opportunity to build an ownership stake in a growing business, or seeking a more rewarding use for your talents and skills.
You will be the kind of person who gets excited about delivering value and tangible outcomes for clients, as a strategic research partner.
You will have the autonomy to drive your own success and take a lead role in the growth of our business. In return, you will be rewarded with a rich and diverse range of clients and projects, a supportive, friendly working environment in Britomart, and an attractive remuneration package.
We are looking for a well-connected senior customised research director to:
· Lead our motivated and capable research team to ensure we deliver outstanding work
· Provide hands-on research expertise - including both ad-hoc and continuous quant and qual customised research
· Cement our strong, ongoing client relationships
· Grow the business and position Buzz as a market leader in the customer engagement space
· Champion our values: do the right thing, do great work, and make it enjoyable.
Skills and attributes
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
· At least eight years' experience in a client-facing research position, working with commercial and/or social sector / government organisations in a role delivering customised market research insights
· Credibility in New Zealand as a senior research leader – with a goal of becoming an expert customer engagement specialist
· Ability to develop and maintain close, positive and effective relationships with clients, and grow them over time
· Experience leading and developing teams, mentoring researchers and driving exceptional performance
· Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative customised research techniques – including research design, management, analysis, reporting and delivering insights to clients over time
· A degree in a related area (Marketing, Research, Psychology, Statistics etc)
· An interest in emerging research technology and international trends
· Exceptional written and oral communication abilities with strong presentation skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of management, including good strategic thinking
· An optimistic, forward-looking attitude to help us seize opportunities to meet current and future client needs
· Creative problem solving so we can adapt to changing industry dynamics and evolve as we grow.
What you will be doing
Primary tasks will be to:
· Oversee our research deliverables including proposal writing, methodological design, fieldwork, analysis and report preparation consistent with company values and standards of professionalism
· Foster an environment for a team of researchers which is challenging and rewarding, where people have a passion for Buzz, what we’re trying to achieve, and where people enjoy their job
· Maintain a close ongoing relationship with our clients to get to know their business, ensure we are delivering useful strategic advice, and ensue a strong focus on client retention and referral
· Develop Buzz Channel’s profile (and your own) as a leader in customer research
· Develop the business (in association with the Business Manager and Executive Director), including marketing and prospecting activity, to achieve company financial objectives
· Contribute to business strategy, attend monthly Board Meetings and help shape Buzz’s future.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this a senior role within Buzz Channel with huge opportunities for the right candidate to grow with the business.