- Provide Scientific Vision & Leadership
- Drive Prosperity Through Transforming Agriculture
- Make a Difference to the Heart of New Zealand’s Economy and Environment
A vibrant organisation with 650+ staff spread nationally across four campuses and 9 farms and wide international links, AgResearch delivers cutting-edge science and innovation to solve global issues and benefit New Zealand’s economy, environment and society. Their strategy and significant new campus developments encourages collaboration through education and research partnerships, is creating new ways of working and enabling innovation to solve the grand challenges facing New Zealand’s land-based sectors.
Based in Christchurch and reporting to the CEO, the Research Director provides the vision, direction and inspirational leadership of the science engine for AgResearch involving over 400 people. Critical to success is global thought leadership required to understand where science is heading and to change the way we do science, to better position us for the future. Focus will be on strategic leadership; integration of new digital technologies; building internal capability; extending collaborative networks and a range of transformative projects to meet the current and rapidly changing future science opportunities. This role will also contribute to inter-organisational leadership of the developing Lincoln hub and Joint Food Science Facility at Massey University, and serve on science entity governance boards.
To be successful you will have:
- Established credibility and respect as a strategic thought leader; A PhD in a science discipline
- Proven experience leading large, high performing teams in a complex multi-site organisation
- Experience with change management and developing a highly performing culture of collaboration, accountability and engagement
- Evidence of strong communication skills, networks and strategic relationship management
- The ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class scientific talent.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an inspirational leader to shape the way we do science, to evolve our capabilities and to harness New Zealand’s potential in this area.
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 217608KE. Applications close on 4 November 2018. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367