If you relish the challenge of advancing your regulatory expertise to innovate, develop others and contribute to a positive working culture, why not do all of that while benefiting from a lifestyle change on the other side of the world? You can get it all at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
We'll be interviewing in London in February, so now's the time to seriously consider your next move - in more ways than one.
A central bank with a lot to offer
We're New Zealand's central bank. We manage monetary policy and maintain the efficiency and stability of NZ's financial system. As we expand our teams in Auckland and Wellington, we need world-class supervision experts who are great people and team players. You'll work in a diverse team with private sector and international regulatory expertise, where we are striving for optimal processes and culture common to both office locations.
You can expect:
- to lead projects according to our strategic plan
- to execute our external engagement plan with regulated firms
- to build and maintain collaboration, both internally and externally
- a friendly, welcoming team and a flat structure
- a commitment to your training and development
This is a career-defining opportunity to play a major role in building something new. We’re looking to enhance our supervisory approach, and incorporate international best practice into our own unique context.
Here, the regulated sector is smaller, so you’ve got a much better chance of creating change. We’re innovative and inclusive, and you’ll find plenty of opportunities for future movement and progression into other areas.
Who you are
We're looking for professionals with significant regulatory and supervision experience from the banking or insurance sectors who:
- ideally brings specialist supervisory skills in credit risk, insurance risk, operational risk and governance, or resolution/recovery planning
- can show specific examples of high performance, advancement and achievements
- have experience in adapting to a changing environment
- have the motivation, drive and resilience to take on and thrive with this unique challenge
- are positive, energetic and effectively develops others to also be at their best
A different Kiwi lifestyle
Are you looking to move to New Zealand? Or are you an expat who's ready to come home? In Auckland or Wellington, you'll appreciate the pace of life and the lifestyle opportunities.
- Auckland is growing fast, and it’s an exciting time to be there
- Wellington is fun, vibrant, and full of character
Are you ready to take your career and your life in an exciting new direction? We're excited to see what you can offer.