There really is nothing like the wild beauty of the South Island's West Coast. From the glaciers in the south to Punakaiki and the Heaphy Track in the north. Greymouth has easy access to them all, with its shop lined streets, the Grey River, historic architecture, cosy cafes and soon to be, the site of a brand new hospital.
But living on the West Coast is much more than its breath-taking scenery and outdoors activities. It is a community of individuals all enjoying the spoils of Mother Nature whilst living a lifestyle that is balanced and rewarding. Short drives to work, flexibility in the work place and a dynamic calendar of community events are examples of how you will enjoy a balanced lifestyle without sacrificing a fulfilling career
A key part of the West Coast is its District Health Board, which consistently ranks highly in the quarterly reviews of all DHB's. Come and be part of this success and share with the community your clinical midwifery skills.
About the role:
Located at Greymouth hospital, our tight knit Maternity Services team are responsible for providing mothers, babies and their whanau antenatal, birthing and postnatal care. If you are a Registered Midwife looking for a new challenge, rostered hours, or a community that feels like family then this is the place for you.
This is a permanent part-time (0.7 FTE) position.
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a Registered Midwife with a current NZ Practicing Certificate
- have a good clinical skill base and experience (preferably in a rural setting)
- Demonstrated ability to think on your feet and contribute positively in a team environment
- have a strong commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding
- be a good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the duration of the inpatient experience.
Please see the attached position description for more information.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at https://westcoastdhb.careercentre.net.nz to complete an application or for any inquiries, contact John Ray, Recruitment specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org