- Challenge – check. Career – check. Location – check.
- Transformational Supply Chain leadership opportunity in the best place to live in NZ!
- Drive a high performance culture passionate about results
As Regional Scheduling Manager for the Lower North Island with sites stretched from Hawera to Pahiatua, you’ll be tasked with leading and developing the regional Scheduling team responsible for meeting weekly production and logistics plans. Essentially – you and your team direct the plans on how we best use our milk, what we make and how it gets to where it needs to go – on time and in full.
This is an opportunity to be a key member of the Leadership Team and you’ll relish the chance to leverage capability and shape the success of the Scheduling function across the region which includes 19 factory’s and 20 warehouses/exporting sites. With 6 direct reports – you’ll lead, coach, and mentor a wider scheduling team of 20 with a key focus on:
- Implementing world class scheduling practices to get results for Fonterra
- Balancing schedules to milk allocation and supply requirements
- Working with key stakeholders and internal customers to ensure overall performance is met
- Driving stability within our manufacturing sites and distribution centres along with 3PL partners
- Inspiring a high performance culture with uncompromising desire for results
You’ll come with a solid background within complex supply chain/logistics or manufacturing environments and will have strong planning/logistics experience. At your core you’ll be a strong leader bringing innovation and commercial drive to the scheduling function – with the desire to optimise as we work towards global best practice. Your natural resilience means you’re able to lead through change, and your sound commercial acumen and influencing skills make you highly valued by your internal and external partners.
With a fluid approach you’ll understand the drill - plans change, volumes change, needs of the business and customer’s change – so we need flexibility and someone who is comfortable working in an ever-changing and evolving environment. Keys to your success will also include:
- Proven experience within a planning or scheduling role
- Detail orientated with an affinity for numbers
- Computer savvy – ideally in SAP APO/ECC with a knack for getting the best from Excel
- A Tertiary qualification in a related discipline is an advantage but not required
If you’re committed to the cause and not afraid to put in the hard yards – you will be rewarded - we’ll give you scope and exposure and in return you’ll drive performance, build your networks and rise to the challenge! You will also have the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of with the career you desire – apply today.
In Planning & Scheduling we plan and schedule the allocation of all milk collected by 500 tankers from 10,500 Fonterra suppliers throughout NZ. We determine what gets moved between 28 sites and 75 distribution centres across NZ. We look to realise the best possible value from the NZ milk pool and deliver the end product to over 140 countries globally.
Around the clock and around the globe - people are enjoying nutritious foods from Fonterra. Exporting to over 100 countries, our ambition is to be the ‘Worlds Most Trusted Source of Dairy Nutrition’ and we need strong foundations and support from people like you to achieve this.
Hours of Work