- Are you someone who can organise events and other extension activities in a rural environment?
- Offer expert advice to a variety of audiences in the primary sector around their obligations towards traceability and TBfree.
- Build effective partnerships to reach and educate people on animal disease management and traceability.
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. We work closely with our shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months and the next step in OSPRI’s evolution is to establish a high performing, collaborative and forward-thinking organisation with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. To help OSPRI achieve this, six new Regional Partner, Extension Services roles have been created.
About the Role
The Regional Partner, Extension Services role is to support farmers, industry groups, and other key stakeholders on their obligations towards traceability and animal disease management. This includes delivering extension services through running workshops and events in the region, building relationships with the community, and preparing and communicating planned operation activities with farmers, stakeholders, the relevant councils and community groups. In this customer-centric role, a proven success of people and process management is matched with a thorough understanding of primary industry, farm management and OSPRI’s services. Often the direct point of call for farmers and landowners, this position will also look for opportunities to partner with organisations to extend OPSRI’s reach and make improvements through engagement with industry groups.
This role requires an engaging, informed and passionate ’people person’, and would suit someone who:
- Is a self-starter, motivated and driven to deliver outcomes for their customers.
- Is effective at building professional working relationships and partnership arrangements to get results.
- Is curious and wants to understand OSPRI’s programmes
- Has a thorough understanding of the primary industry, farm management, and the importance of biosecurity.
- Demonstrates networking and relationship management, and the ability to engage an audience.
- Can co-ordinate and gather information, collate, analyse and report outcomes to an array of audiences of varied interests, skills and backgrounds.
- Is experienced liaising with growers of farmers, with a strong reputation of extension services
- Holds a strong customer-centric work ethic, who takes on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Ginny Fail on 04 550 8000