We are looking for an energized person with deep operational and planning experience to manage operations for our South American team. The role is based in Sao Paulo and will have oversight of 3 offices across the region working side-by-side with the Regional Director of the team.
As Regional Operations Manager you will provide the operational platform that enables our outbound and services people to deliver deep commercial capability to the New Zealand companies we work with to enable them the thrive and grow in South America. You will be working with a diverse group of incredible people and experience an extraordinary range of inspiring businesses in your day-to-day functioning.
This role balances operation efficiency and facilitates strategic planning. The role will:
- Ensure that all local operational requirements (including key contracts, HR, budgeting, leases and regulatory compliance) are managed for the New Zealand head office, and
- Support and drive the team through intelligent planning and communications.
This position is complex and the right candidate will be able to operate at a high level and maintain line of sight across multiple moving parts while also seeing where they should go deep to support the overall success of the team. The ideal candidate will have an innate sense of order and efficiency and a passion for creating effective and simple systems to bring a geographically dispersed team together and united in the work they work.
The role will require travel to New Zealand once a year and to regional offices more often.
Specific capabilities we are seeking include:
- Finance experience
- Experience negotiating and reviewing simple contracts for services
- Experience operating in the South American business environment
- Demonstrated operational and/or planning capability
- Experience building and developing a team
- Fluency in English and Spanish