Kea is looking for a new Regional Co-Director for China to help deliver Kea’s mission in the region of facilitating high impact connections for New Zealand businesses operating within China, and managing the relationships within the World Class New Zealand Network, NZ Inc and Friends of New Zealand. This person will work alongside the existing Regional Directors and the Kea team in Auckland.
Kea has many close ties to NZ Inc, the New Zealand Government, Kiwi businesses based in the region and NZ-educated students who have returned to China following their studies. This role will maintain, manage and leverage these relationships to deliver Kea’s mission.
About the role
With a multitude of work happening at Kea Headquarters in New Zealand, the role of Regional Co-Director in China requires someone who can work autonomously and with other Regional Directors in China while also being a key part of Kea’s small but high-performing team. You’ll be methodical and have excellent time management skills, with proven experience of leading, managing and leveraging high-level relationships.
This is a part-time role (with hours to be discussed with the successful applicant) based in Beijing reporting directly to the Shanghai-based Regional Director. Key performance indicators for the role include but are not limited to:
- Leveraging the talent and networks of New Zealand expats and Friends of New Zealand in China for the benefit of the New Zealand economy
- Relationship management of World Class New Zealanders and emerging leaders in the region
- Co-ordination of joint activities and events in cooperation with NZ Inc partners in market (NZTE, MFAT, Education NZ and others), as well as with key local players (relevant Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Corporate Partners)
- In-market business development focusing on facilitating high impact connections as outlined by the CEO, in coordination with NZ Inc partners in market
- Production of monthly activity reports
- Contribute to Kea social media presence
- General administration as required
Kea is New Zealand’s Borderless Nation. Our mission is to connect our expats and Friends of New Zealand to one another and to Aotearoa. Our key activity is to facilitate high impact global connections for the benefit of New Zealand.
We do this by engaging with our half-a-million strong community of global Kiwis, members of the World Class New Zealand Network, our partners who champion New Zealand’s global success, and NZ businesses with the ambition and drive to take on the world.
Applications close Monday, July 1st, 2019.
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact MJ at firstname.lastname@example.org