We are looking for a dynamic, part-time professional recruitment consultant (Talent Agent if you prefer) with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a client-facing recruitment role. This person may come from the marketing or sales world or maybe an established recruiter looking to get into a more specialist firm working in the three “on-trend” employment sectors or Marketing & Media, Digital & Tech, and Creative & Design.
The ideal person will have established his or her brand with a solid career and CV to match. They will not be a stranger to consistently high service levels, conscientious business practices, energy, style, and flair – all wrapped up in a ‘winning’ attitude.
They will have excellent planning, organisational and client management skills, commercial acumen and be able to motivate clients around them but will also be hands-on and action orientated. The ability to adapt and manage workload against evolving small business priorities and coordination of multiple individual projects is vital to success in this role.
This position would suit someone looking for part-time opportunity, 30-32 hours a week Monday to Thursday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
As a Senior Recruitment Consultant, you will manage a portfolio of twenty established and growing corporate clients daily, along with their ongoing talent resourcing needs. You’ll be kept busy managing the sales, recruitment and booking of all talent (full-time, contract & freelance), participating in the acquisition and retention of new talent, advising and managing candidates’ expectations, all while answering the short and long-term staffing needs of the client.
- 4 years (min)
- Proven experience in recruitment, human resources, client management or sales
- Has managed and dealt with a large varied book of clientele
- Strong in client service ethic
- Developing and executing successful new relationships
- Building, maintaining and facilitating ongoing relationships with a variety of Corporate and SME clients, offering advice when required
- Actively pitching talented senior candidates with flair and passion
- Interviewing and working alongside candidates to develop their career goals, while providing sound support and advice
- Negotiating rate/salary structures, confirming bookings & interviews, advising on recruitment processes and overall administration
- Developing and executing talent acquisition and sourcing plans
- Managing internal financial admin – contractor invoices, meeting desired recruiter targets
- Interest & knowledge of the marketing, creative, digital industries
- Excellent communication skills (not afraid to get on the phone)
- Business acumen – not afraid to voice ideas for the business internally
- Use of initiative & highly pro-active
- Familiar with Mac computer systems
- $80k Base (pro-rata)
- Uncapped commission structure (paid the month following)
- Laptop Computer
- 30-hour working week (9 am to 5 pm)
- Attend high profile industry events
- Weekly marketing support
- Appointed two new clients a month
This is a pivotal role within a growing performing company. You will be challenged with achieving sales targets and helping to grow the corporate business in a fast-paced team of three recruitment agents and 100 key clients.
For the right person, this role offers the opportunity to grow with the business, financial gain and ultimately make this role their own at a higher level with a company on the move.
If this role sounds like you e-mail The Pond Director, Leighton Howl, firstname.lastname@example.org or HR consultant Christy Warn with your CV, email@example.com and a brief summary on why you are perfect for the role or call Leighton Howl directly on 021 702573 for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
Due to the urgency around the new position, please only apply if you are in New Zealand and have a valid NZ work visa.
About the Pond
The Pond is committed to becoming New Zealand’s number one specialist recruiter in the Creative & Design, Digital & Tech and Marketing & Media sectors.
We are focused on finding the best talent in the market, that last the distance and help transform our clients’ business or brand in the right direction.
Established in 2006, with a central Auckland central, The Pond is driven by a dedicated team of 10 experienced recruiters and talent managers who get results for our clients daily. To support this claim our audited recruitment average is 4.1 years, so the people we place do stick.