Varied and challenging recruiter role in International Development
1 year fixed term
VSA recruits and deploys skilled New Zealanders to work on volunteer assignments overseas. All of VSA’s assignments are driven by the development needs of our in-country partner organisations, to support local people and local outcomes. The work VSA does makes a genuine difference - and the volunteers recruited by VSA’s recruiters are key to that success.
As a member of our collaborative Volunteer Recruitment team you’ll share responsibility for sourcing great people with suitable professional experience to take up volunteer assignments in-country.
What you’ll be doing:
You will skillfully manage the recruitment life-cycle across your allocated country portfolios. You'll develop strong working relationships with relevant Programme Managers while building your knowledge of each country’s development priorities and their volunteer assignment needs. Every assignment is different and you’ll be excited and challenged every day as you draw on your experience in sourcing, search and conducting research to identify quality candidates for those hard-to-fill assignments.
What will you bring to VSA:
This role is all about sourcing and connecting quality candidates for life-changing experiences. You’ll have your eye on the bigger picture, and will be both an innovator bringing new ideas to the table and an implementer focused on delivering results.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience across the full recruitment life cycle from scoping assignments, drafting adverts, search and selection, and conducting research and interviewing
- A results driven focus with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to network with a wide range of people across a variety of diverse sectors
- Proven ability to plan, organise and prioritise a busy workload
- Heaps of initiative and the ability to hit the ground running
What’s great about VSA?
We have talented and motivated people working here who are committed to supporting people in the wider Pacific and beyond to build strong communities so they can thrive.
If you’re looking for a varied and unique recruiter role that makes a real difference, apply now.