Want to work with some of New Zealand's most hi-tech and innovative companies? Want mentoring and practical experience with high value manufacturing? Want to use your expertise and passion to make an impact?
If you have recently graduated with a master's or PhD in science, technology, engineering, or design, a Callaghan Innovation Career Grant placement could help you gain valuable commercial experience in a research and development (R&D) environment.
Callaghan Innovation helps New Zealand businesses make their ideas happen. This includes connecting our clients to the funding and talent they need to grow.
This is where you come in. Callaghan Innovation R&D Career grants enable high-growth, technology businesses to employ a student to support them in solving an R&D problem faced in the development of a new product, process or service.
The placements are a valuable stepping stone to connecting with key industry players and creating exciting opportunities to progress your career.
How it works
This is an expression of interest (EOI) process, rather than a current job vacancy. We identify suitable students for businesses who are interested in an R&D Career grant. From here the business will take over and contact you if they are interested in progressing with you.
Once the business has found a student, they will apply for the R&D Career grant with us which may take up to four weeks.
There are 100 grants/placements available throughout the year.
To be eligible for a placement, you must:
- Be about to, or have completed a master's or PhD degree in science, technology, engineering, or design within the last 12 months
- Have undertaken the Masters/PhD at a New Zealand tertiary institution or be a New Zealand citizen who has undertaken undergraduate studies at a New Zealand tertiary institution
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident or hold a relevant visa
- Not have been employed in the industry under a professional arrangement related to your area of study except temporary, part-time or at a tertiary organisation
- Not have been previously employed at the business - unless this was short-term employment (eg over the summer break)
- Not have undertaken a Masters or PhD degree in association with the business (eg under R&D Fellowship funding).
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please see our website or if you have any questions, please contact RandDGrants@callaghaninnovation.govt.nz. To register your details with us, please click the "apply now" button below and complete the online form. Please remember to submit a copy of your current academic transcript along with your CV.