- Be a trusted advisor in food safety and quality
- Excellent Business Exposure working with our best known brands at Fonterra
- Utilise your ingredients and manufacturing knowledge
- Do you stand up for what is right?
- Can you direct rather than go with the flow?
This 12 month fixed term contract is a great opportunity for someone with FSQ (Food Safety and Quality) experience and knowledge to show-case their expertise. You’ll be an integral and trusted source of quality knowledge providing guidance and understanding to all levels of the business around FSQ needs at Fonterra’s Takanini site.
Reporting to the Food Safety & Quality Manager your ability to influence peers and colleagues on the importance of FSQ requirements will be imperative. As will your knowledge of ingredients, previous involvement in manufacturing environments and your HACCP expertise.
Your professional courage to ‘do what’s right’ will be imperative to the success of this role as you deal with issues, developments and strategic implementation of your ideas, in an environment of continuous improvement, where prevention is so much better then cure!
This is an excellent role that provides a step forward in the quality space and possible steps into other areas of the Fonterra business as you deal with a breadth and variety of internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers throughout the business.
Utilise your knowledge and receive the responsibility you crave to ensure Fonterra stays the most trusted source of dairy nutrition in this role which has exposure to Fonterra’s most loved brands.
Please note this role will require some weekend work.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience, and understanding, of Food Safety and Quality procedures in a dairy manufacturing environment
- Mentoring and coaching others in developing their FSQ knowledge
- Good HACCP knowledge, GMP, FSANZ, PIF, Product formulation, Product specification and NPD process
- Good knowledge of sensory evaluation process and data analysis
- To influence without authority and have professional courage to stand up for what is right
- Ability to think strategically and take a big picture view
- Excellent communication skills, becoming the trusted source of FSQ systems knowledge and direction
- Previous experience in an FSQ role would be a distinct advantage especially with a good grasp of SAP.