As a Project Manager, you will liaise on a regular and independent basis with accounting, systems, ITX, payments, engineering, tax, treasury and FP&A teams in the company’s San Francisco headquarters and global offices. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in project management and strong written and oral skills alongside finance or finance system experience with a multi-national organization. Attention to detail, an ability to work independently and a track record of consistently meeting deadlines for a vast range of projects in a fast-paced environment are key qualifications for this role.
- Support the accounting organization’s projects and key initiatives, most specifically related to process, reporting, controls and systems
- Independently scope & build project plans . Duties may include researching peer and Fortune 100 companies, gathering requirements from various finance internal & external stakeholders, and partnering with global procurement on request for proposals (RFPs)
- Manage internal and 3rd party/vendor resources for flawless execution of projects
- Assist project team with detailed functional work such as pulling reports reviewing work, & creating training, as necessary
- Resolve project blockers and conflicts, as needed
- Weekly track & communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives both in writing and orally.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Work on other ad hoc projects within the finance organization, as required
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting, accounting system or financial analysis experience with a multi-national enterprise. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred
- Strong and proven project management skill including attention to detail and multi-tasking. Minimum two (2 years) on project based work. Project Management Professional (PMP) a strong plus.
- Systems experience: Workday, Oracle, preferred
- Collaboration tool experience: Google, BOX, Smartsheets, Asana
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Second language a strong plus
- Must be passionate about Airbnb
If you like to solve/work on project challenges and you’re great with finance tools, the accounting teams wants to talk with you.