Eighty4 Recruit specialises in placing engineering and construction professionals throughout New Zealand.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Project Manager to join a growing business that specialises in delivering complex and challenging Civil Construction projects throughout New Zealand.
This opportunity is initially available on a contract basis, with the opportunity to turn permanent based on project requirements and performance in the role.
The position will give you exposure to urban civil construction projects, with stakeholder and client interface, planning and scheduling work, a broad range of responsibilities across Health & Safety and Environmental compliance, with responsibility for forecasting and strict management of cost.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Planning, designing and implementing temporary works and infrastructure
· Scheduling, maintaining, coordinating and monitoring construction programs and completion of activities within scope
· Preparing work packages, documentation and quality requirements for tender by potential subcontractors, with evaluation of subcontractor’s capability to undertake works
· Ensuring accuracy with cost forecasting and good management of actual cost
· Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure projects are operating in line with the overall business plans
· Ensuring the construction works are coordinated effectively in line with the scheduled program
· Informing the project on any significant compliance issue across health and safety, environment or quality assurance which will impact either the delivery or relationship with client or stakeholder and taking appropriate action to rectify
· Managing any issues of non-compliance to quality assurance standards and rectifying NCRs
· Working closely with the Site Supervisor to discuss construction methodology and daily activities
Qualifications and experience:
· At least 5 years in civil construction with 3 waters project experience - $5million plus
· Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
· Ability to forecast and track daily/monthly costs effectively
· Excellent track record in delivering civil projects with accuracy and diligence in managing cost and ensuring margin is achieved within scope
· Experience to advise on appropriate construction methodologies and identify engineering opportunities
· Excellent communication, leadership and relationship building skills
· Delivery focussed with a strict eye for the detail
· The ability to lead and contribute to a positive safety culture
· A proven ability to proactively identify engineering/construction opportunities on project
· Proactive, motivated and a positive attitude
Contact Rob Sellars now for a confidential discussion about this opportunity on +64 21 748 261 or email email@example.com