Who are we?
Martin Aircraft Company is the maker of the innovative Martin Jetpack, the world's first practical jetpack, set to revolutionise the industries of aviation, recreation and transportation. Based in Christchurch, the company was started 30 years ago taking its inspiration from the US space program with a little bit of Thunderbirds mixed in for good measure. From humble beginnings, the Martin Jetpack was named as one of Time magazine's Top 50 inventions in 2010 and successfully listed this year on the ASX meaning Martin Aircraft Company will become the world's first commercial jetpack manufacturer by 2016.
Initially designed with the leisure market in mind, commercial demand for the Martin Jetpack has seen the development programme focus on readying the product for use in a number of sectors including emergency response, defence and recreation, with numerous applications in each sector.
Why you should join us:
There couldn't be a better time to be joining us. There is a real sense that Martin Aircraft Company is on the cusp of something very special with international interest in the business at an all-time high and the funding in place to move into the next exciting phase of commercial development.
The team is set to grow significantly over the coming months and you'll be one of the early pioneers joining a small but dynamic group of engineers. There are new and different challenges on a daily basis which will test your technical expertise and capacity to think outside of the box. You'll have access to ongoing training and development relevant for your role and given the growth plans and the company's relative early stage of development, there will be career progression opportunities for the right people. Remuneration packages have been designed to attract the best engineering professionals in the market.
The Production Engineer is responsible for the manufacturing process and capability.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing the assembly process for the aircraft from sub-assemblies to integration.
- Designing or specifying the jigs, fixtures and test equipment needed for assembly.
- Developing systems and documentation to ensure quality control of product and process.
- Developing work instructions and training new staff in the assembly of the aircraft.
- Working with R&D to ensure the product is designed for manufacture.
- Working with key suppliers to ensure quality requirements are achieved.
- Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Supporting ISO9001 certification and compliance.
During the initial commercialisation phase of Martin Aircraft, the Production Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Assembly of aircraft prototypes and production units.
- Leading the aircraft assembly activity.
- Designing, implementing and monitor relevant production metrics.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (NZCE or higher) in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or related fields is required.
- Experience and background in the assembly of aircraft, automotive or similar product is desired. Experience within a low volume, highly regulated manufacturing/assembly environment would be acceptable.
- A background in production planning and leading a production team would be advantageous. The ability to plan a task or project realistically, allocating time to prioritise and provide for contingencies is important.
If this role sounds like you, then apply online or email your CV to email@example.com and we will be back in touch swiftly. If you wish to discuss this or other opportunities in confidence, please contact Matt Love-Smith on 03 281 8448