Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Google Marketing team is responsible for marketing the company's product portfolio to end users, partners and customers worldwide. As a Product Marketing Manager within the Large Advertiser and Agency Marketing team, you will drive the marketing strategy, planning and execution of programs to drive the advertising business across Australia and New Zealand. This will involve finding innovative ways to engage decision makers, educating users regarding our products and equipping our sales teams with the information and tools they need to work more effectively. You will provide the Google salesforce with programs that establish fresh thinking in the industry and deepen engagement with clients. This is a cross-functional role, involving close work with PR, Market Insights and Sales, as well as collaborating with other marketing teams across APAC and other global offices.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
· Oversee the positioning, strategy and development of marketing plans targeted at advertisers, and working closely with sales leadership.
· Identify and execute innovative marketing strategies and plans to drive education, engagement and product adoption.
· Develop thought-leadership materials, client and executive presentations, case studies and other content designed to accelerate our business momentum and better engage Google's customers.
· Advocate Google's message, best practices and perspectives to our customers and our industry peers via events and other direct client communications channels.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams and individuals to successfully implement marketing strategies and campaigns supporting the advertising business.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
· 5 years of experience in product marketing, online marketing, media or consulting to marketers.
· Demonstrated record of success as a team leader with the ability to work on multiple high impact projects simultaneously in a dynamic context and to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent problem solving skills with a high degree of analytical rigor and creativity.
· Effective written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively influence external partners.