Trade Me is one of New Zealand's busiest websites, with over 850,000 people on average visiting the site every day. We're currently on the hunt for a Product Manager to join our Search team in our Wellington office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to act as a custodian of the search platform and products. You'll work closely with our Agile squads, Product team, and the wider business to deliver these awesome online experiences.
In this role you'll:
- Set and drive product visions that link clearly to the business strategy.
- Maintain a clear view of objectives and desired outcomes for all elements on a roadmap.
- Actively prioritise roadmaps with a clear and data-driven approach.
- Work with the delivery teams on implementation.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to deliver search products.
- Work as part of an Agile software development team.
- Offer input to the architectural direction of the platform.
- Experience working as a product manager in an Agile software development team, or experience as an architect or technical lead working to deliver search products.
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm for excellent results.
- A pragmatic approach, so you balance the best product management practice, with entrepreneurial nous and an appreciation for speed to market.
- Prioritisation skills and focus - we need to know we're focusing on the right stuff, and you'll be comfortable having multiple things on the go at the same time.
- Commercial acumen with strong analytical and numerical agility.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- A deep understanding of how technical quality affects delivery.
What we have to offer:
- This is an exciting position that will offer you the opportunity to really make an impact while carving out your own space.
- You'll work with passionate, positive people who are all striving to make things better.
- Free fruit and as much good coffee you can possibly stomach in a work day.
Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We have a dynamic and unique office culture and a bunch of passionate, positive colleagues who are all striving to make things better. These reflect our values and our 'informal but serious' work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the past eight years running.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.