Designed By Nature.
Do you have that natural instinct? Are you a natural at linking words and imagery to drive clear benefits and distinctive communications? Do you challenge the status quo with a disruptive streak tired of the norms and the traditions?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
As Product Graphic Design Manager located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll have a natural flair for the visual and all things desirable, aspirational and natural, teaming your love of communications and design with a passion for the planet and the environment. You will draw on your design prowess to create graphics and/or textile designs that imbue a love of nature, purpose, style and relevance. You’ll excel at using computerised design systems, and you’ll constantly be exploring ways to take the designs to the next phase of customer engagement through your role in the seasonal design propositions and developments. You will support the asset creation of the seasonal initiatives and work closely with the Global Head of Design, merchandising and brand partners to define the new natural customer propositions and product franchises.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of people who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
An authentic team player, you will collaborate with your peers, motivating and challenging them with your ideas, while meeting briefs as well as cost and margin requirements. With your creativity always on, you’ll gather and share info on trends, colours and technologies to help create compelling natural performing product concepts that educate, enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their outdoor performance apparel needs. You will report to Global Head of Product Design.
What’s on your cv:
- Equivalent of 8 years’ progressively technically sophisticated experience in design
- Exceptional graphic design skills, demonstrating creativity and originality
- Strong understanding of lifestyle apparel design combined with technical apparel fabrication and construction know-how
- Good understandingof the lifestyle apparel business model combined with that of sporting goods/outdoor
- Highly creative, leading their thinking with the delivery of holistic concepts that enhance brand equity
- Proven in delivering commercial impact through design across all channels (wholesale, retail and online) in Europe and North America
- Proven as a manager of other designers with the ability to direct and enhance design across a team
Who you are:
- Strong communication skills with all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Flawless attention to detail and the ability to stay on track
- Mastery of time management, prioritising personal & team workload to always deliver on time, in full
- A passionate high achiever
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve
- Active in nature
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- Someone who seeks out challenges & proactively solves problems
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder; an effective influencer and leader
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels and cultures
- Always follows projects through holding themselves and others accountable for completion
- Always comes up with “bright ideas” and new ways of doing things, and executes them
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.