Naturally Progressive & Made Different.
Accuracy. Quality. Engineering. On time delivery. Some of the elements you pride yourself on daily. Are you a natural born leader? A collaborator that thrives in busy and fast-moving environment?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s a feature of our business. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
As Product Development Operations Manager located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll lead our product development operations and manage the PLM system, providing a clear communication channel of key data to vendors and internal partners and inspiring a group of passionate, authentic and adventurous people who like to achieve results. You will be a wizard of PLM system management and imbue a dynamic and motivated approach to achieving KPIs, from delivering tech packs, to managing samples, prototyping and development projects.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
Naturally high-performing, you’ll share your global proven expertise across the business, inspiring and leading by example. You will foster a collaborative working environment and cross-functional agile mentality, leading with business acumen, brand relevancy and commercial insight to create compelling natural performing product concepts that educate, enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their outdoor performance apparel needs.
In this role as Product Development Operations Manager you will be reporting to the Global Head of Development. Be great if you had the following :
- 3+ years experience within the apparel industry in product development roles
- 5+ years in a systems or organisational management role
- Strong understanding of lifestyle apparel creation combined with technical apparel fabrication and construction know-how
- Mastery of the apparel product creation process, manufacturing and quality control processes
- Demonstrable leadership capability, including proven success in motivating teams and other colleagues to achieve results in an entrepreneurial, unstructured environment
- Proven as a leader of developers with the ability to direct and enhance engineering solutions across a team
- High level of computer literacy and an affinity for technology; proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Super-user of PLM/PDM solution
Are you an icebreaker? Does this sound like you?
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Flawless attention to detail and the ability to stay on track
- Mastery of time management, prioritising personal and team workload to always deliver on-time, in-full
- A passionate high achiever – works hard, plays hard
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve
- Active in nature
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- Someone who seeks out challenges & proactively solves problems
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder; an effective influencer and leader
- Always follows projects through holding themselves and others accountable for completion
- Always comes up with “bright ideas” and new ways of doing things, and executes them
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter.