Made for what moves you.
Do you have that natural instinct? Obsessed by the details, a seeker of knowledge? Do you challenge the status quo? Always asking questions and seeking out solutions?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s a feature of our business. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
We are looking for two Product Developers, how great is that. In these roles as a Product Developer located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll manage the seasonal development of products from concept to finished goods. Naturally able to adapt and innovate, you’ll question, labor over the details and have the highest of standards to ensure the quality of our garments are never compromised and made for the customers every move. You will work with partners in merchandising and design and with sourcing, and factory partners to explore all the possibilities of construction and production to development timeframes. Collaborating with the Merchandising and Design teams, you will define and communicate seasonal style development process, timing and status through focused insights and technical guidelines. We are looking for two Product Developers, how great is that.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
A dynamic team player, you’ll share your global proven expertise across the business, bringing a can-do attitude to seasonal projects and relishing the collaborative working environment and cross-functional agile mentality. Challenging the status quo, you will help to create compelling natural performing product execution that delivers against our transparency and responsibility roadmaps and enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their natural performance apparel needs.
In this role as Product Developer, you will be reporting to the Product Development Operations Manager. You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the seasonal development of products from concept to finished goods.
- Managing the product development process in-season across categories.
- Working with Design and Technical Design to ensure technical packages are comprehensive and meet the product’s goals for delivery, function, cost, fit and commercial viability.
- Maintaining relationships with factory partners to understand construction and production capabilities, achieve seasonal development timeline, and ensure successful execution of products
What’s on your cv:
- 5+ years in apparel product development, technical/outdoor apparel preferred
- Experience working in a global apparel brand
- Strong team orientation, and ability to cross collaborate with multiple functions
- Demonstrable leadership capability, including proven success in motivating teams and other colleagues to achieve results
- Exceptional global communication skills, ability to interface with multi-cultural audiences and travel internationally
- Thorough knowledge of apparel product development in technical knits and activewear
- Exceptional experience and knowledge working with textile and garment constructions and technology
- Knowledge in Product Development BOMS and garment construction
- Knowledge in Technical Design, including fit, pattern, and grading
- Knowledge of basic fabric constructions and behaviors, and trim types and application
- Highly motivated and able to drive/manage projects with moderate levels of guidance with attention to detail
- Passion and awareness for sustainable practices
- High level of computer literacy and an affinity for technology; proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, PLM/PDM solutions
Who you are:
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Flawless attention to detail and the ability to stay on track
- Mastery of time management, prioritising personal and team workload to always deliver on-time, in-full
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve
- Active in nature
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder; an effective influencer and leader
- Always follows projects through, holding themselves and others accountable for completion
- Always comes up with “bright ideas” and new ways of doing things, and executes them
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter.