Creative by Nature
Do you have that natural instinct? Are you a creative powerhouse? Do you challenge the status quo and push the boundaries? Always exploring ideas and seeking out solutions?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s a feature of our business. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
As Product Designer – Life located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll be designing a new future for the Life category, inspired by nature. Leading the way with innovative, on-brand ideas, you’ll apply icebreaker’s product DNA consistently across the category, owning the aesthetic from concept to consumer. Collaborating across development and merchandising teams, you’ll present concepts, review samples and troubleshoot any issues, and lead the creative direction for styling and product cues. Your creativity always on, you’ll research emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
A dynamic team player, you’ll naturally be able to innovate and adapt, bringing a can-do attitude to seasonal projects and relishing the collaborative working environment and cross-functional agile mentality. Challenging the status quo, you will help to create compelling natural performing product execution that delivers against our transparency and responsibility roadmaps and enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their natural performance apparel needs.
In this role as Product Designer - Life, you will report to the Global Head of Product Design. You’ll be responsible for leading all design activities related to the life category as well as leading the design of this category product lines supporting all accounts with product innovation that meets result channels need, whilst staying true to Brand DNA.
Who you are?
- 6+ years experience within the apparel industry
- Strong understanding of apparel design in the life category combined with sufficient technical apparel fabrication and construction know-how
- Understands the apparel business model (lifestyle of sporting goods/outdoor) of the Life category
- Leads design thinking with the delivery of holistic concepts that enhance brand equity
- Proven in delivering commercial impact through design across all channels (wholesale, retail and online) in Europe, North America, New Zealand, Australia
We need someone who can tick all these boxes:
- Flawless attention to detail and the ability to stay on track
- Strong communication skills with all levels and cultures within an organisation
- Mastery of time management, prioritising personal and team workload to always deliver on-time, in-full
- A passionate high achiever – works hard, plays hard
- Curious, with a global understanding and outlook, and strong desire to continually learn and evolve
- Active in nature
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- Someone who seeks out challenges & proactively solves problems
- A highly collaborative team player and team builder; an effective influencer and leader
- Always follows projects through holding themselves and others accountable for completion
- Always comes up with “bright ideas” and new ways of doing things, and executes them
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative and commercial environment
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.