- Fonterra is looking for top quality, experienced Product and Process Technologists for its sites across New Zealand and Australia.
- These roles give successful candidates the opportunity to share knowledge and expertise to enhance the strength and capability of a manufacturing team.
- They are positions from which you can build on your manufacturing project management skills by playing a key part in the provision of technical support
Fonterra is a global, co-operatively-owned company with its roots firmly planted in New Zealand and Australia’s rich land, working to unlock every drop of goodness from the 22 billion litres of milk we collect each year and sharing it with the world.
One of the lynchpin roles within Fonterra is the Product and Process Technologist positions, working in plant, providing technical problem solving and solutions focussed consultation. Working alongside site management and manufacturing operations staff, the role is an integral part of driving and supporting business improvement and delivering to business plans
The role ensures quick efficient fixes and preventative measures are put in place whilst advancing the knowledge of operators and managers alike, as you coach and mentor your peers and colleagues in your area of expertise. It will enable an opportunity to instigate and develop technical process, problem solve technical needs and influence technical direction on site
It is a fast paced and exciting role, enabling you to gain valuable experience in supporting and delivering project needs around the plants technical priorities and performance. You will work with some of the most up to date technologies in a proactive and progressive company, full of opportunity and development.
If you believe you have the skills and abilities to be a success in this role, playing a key part in the provision of technical product and/or process support, identifying the latest emerging technologies, assessing their suitability for, and application to, the Fonterra business whilst encouraging innovation and ideas from all facets of the business, then please express your interest today.
Skills and experience
The role also offers the opportunity to provide support the wider business as your reputation grows, building your networks and skill base in multiple areas.
To be successful you will need …
- Previous technologist experience in a food/dairy/FMCG environment
- A strong background in product and/or process improvement
- A passion for structured problem solving
- Previous project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player mentality
- A real drive for results
- The ability to lead the implementation of innovation.
A tertiary qualification within chemical/mechanical engineering or food/dairy technology is highly desirable.
Please be advised this is an Expression of Interest. If a suitable position becomes available we will be in contact to advise of next steps.
Please ensure you include a CV and cover letter directed towards your technologist experience.
In your cover letter please include a list of specific processes in which you have a specialism, i.e. CiP, Membrane Technology, Filtration, Evaporation, etc and specific products in which you have a specialism i.e. Milk, Cheese, Whey, Casein, etc
This is a great opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and build on your influencing skills, while working in a dynamic environment, making a real difference with Fonterra!