- Auckland or Wellington based
BNZ's Procurement team play a critical role fulfilling the Bank's need for third party goods and services, championing supplier relationships, managing supply chain risk and compliance, delivering sustainable financial value and contributing to legendary customer experience.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates personal leadership and will proactively identify opportunities to add value to BNZ as a Procurement Partner.
About the role
This role covers the full Procurement lifecycle, so will require a breadth of experience from the development of a sourcing strategy (go to market approach) through to the evaluation, negotiation, contracting, execution and establishment of new or changed suppliers into BNZ.
This will involve:
- understanding and utilising market and business insights in the development of the most appropriate "go to market" procurement strategy and execution plan
- leading the sourcing of goods and services in response to opportunities identified in the procurement plan
- preparing and providing documentation to go to market when required (for example, RFP's)
- being an advocate of the Sourcing and Procurement Policy and processes including the education and coaching of business stakeholders.
Procurement at BNZ is going through an exciting transforming so we're looking for someone who embraces change and is comfortable with continuous improvement. You'll be an expert communicator with the confidence and experience to deal with a broad range of stakeholders, challenges, and opportunities.
- extensive experience as a Procurement Specialist (or similar)
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in sourcing and delivering supplier value including strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting, execution and supplier transition/establishment
- an understanding that the Bank operates within a regulated industry and experience adhering to clear processes and policies
- exposure to regulatory and compliance requirements during sourcing would be an advantage (such as Reserve Bank of NZ, Financial Markets Authority or Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority policy).
Working flexibly at BNZ
We're committed to creating an energising workplace for our people and offer a variety of different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be our best inside and outside of work, while still delivering for our customers. Talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Some of our other benefits include the following:
- Great staff banking benefits
- Generous leave entitlements - including flexible sick leave and domestic leave
- Option to purchase an additional one to two weeks annual leave
- Discretionary performance incentive schemes
- Flexible working options
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!
If you would like to know more about Life at BNZ and how you can help re imagine banking for our customers, please visit www.bnzcareers.co.nz or click the ‘apply now’ button to submit your confidential application.
Applications close Monday, 27 May 2019.