Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children is a Ministry dedicated to supporting any child in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now, or in the future. We also work with young people who may have offended or are likely to offend. Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can, and should flourish.
There are a number of reviews and inquiries underway into Oranga Tamariki practice relating to their decision making regarding the placement of pēpē into their custody and the experience of pēpē and tamariki Māori in the care and protection system. The Review Management Programme has been established to ensure strategic management and co-ordination across the reviews and inquiries. Through this programme of work, they are seeking to lead and interface with the reviews and inquiries in a way that helps ensure trust and confidence in the work of their practitioners, as well as the strategic direction of Oranga Tamariki. The trust and confidence of Māori organisations, iwi, hapū and whānau and tamariki Māori are of primary importance to this work.
You will have:
- An understanding and appreciation of Te Ao Māori and concerns, knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples’ culture and show sensitivity to issues faced in the work of Oranga Tamariki.
- Strong understanding of the machinery of government and core government processes.
- Experience advising Ministers and CEOs.
- Experience in report writing.
- A working knowledge of key legislation that impacts on children and young people.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
To be considered for this high-profile position, you must be strategic in your thinking and be an effective contributor to the wider review management team.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 6 September 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Russell Spratt on 04 550 8000