Thinking about the future?
If it's time for your next policy development challenge, why not combine it with some personal development? At the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, you can grow professionally and discover a whole new lifestyle.
We'll be interviewing in London in February, so now's the time to seriously consider your future. And if you're interested in an adventure but not quite ready, let us know - our target start dates are spread out over 2020 and 2021.
The best of both worlds
We're New Zealand’s central bank. We manage monetary policy and keep our financial systems running efficiently. You can expect:
- to take charge of key projects, with a real impact, around policy development and comprehensive reviews
- to work in a highly collaborative environment internally and externally
- to analyse data and assess aspects of New Zealand's financial system
- to gain professional agility, as we quickly adapt to new ways of doing things
- a friendly, welcoming team and a flat structure
- a commitment to your training and development
With New Zealand's diverse and interesting financial system, there's plenty to keep you busy and engaged. At the same time, we're small enough that you'll get to see more of the big picture and direct impact you're having in a progressive and dynamic country.
Who you are
We're looking for sound finance policy or public policy experience, people who:
- are analytical and can move easily between the big picture and the detail
- can sift out important data points and priorities
- can engage well with others and get the best from them
A different Kiwi lifestyle
Are you looking to move to New Zealand? Or are you an expat who's ready to come home? In Wellington, you'll appreciate the pace of life and the lifestyle opportunities.
- work within walking distance to the city
- enjoy the outdoors, arts and culture scene, and city life
- a focus on the environment and sustainability
- enjoy clean air, room to move, and a beautiful harbourside setting
If you're attracted to the idea of your work benefitting society, you'd like to strengthen your skills and expertise, and you're ready to live your life very differently, then let's connect.