- Greenfields role
- Opportunity to establish a new Project Support Office
- Great company benefits
AgResearch is a leading Crown Research Institute charged with delivering science and innovation to benefit New Zealand agriculture and its wider economy. Our internationally recognised scientists are dedicated to this mission and we collaborate with world leading science organisations and universities to achieve exceptional science delivery. We are proud to be unique organisation that is driving prosperity by transforming agriculture to better equip our future generations to come.
Together with the Project Analyst, you will establish and operate a Project Support Office for Portfolio, Programme and Project Management across AgResearch. In this exciting new role you will play a critical part in providing oversight and management of the Project Support Office and will be accountable for:
- Design and implementation of AgResearch's Portfolio, Programme and Project Management methodology including the development of processes and good practice tools and templates. The Project Management Methodology includes the end to end Project Value Chain which is applicable to science research projects and internal business improvement projects. For science research projects the Project Value Chain supports the end to end process from idea through project delivery to measuring impact.
- Building the maturity of project management across the organisation to drive adoption of good practice.
- Building and maintaining strong collaborative partnerships across the business.
- Determining, monitoring and reporting upon KPI's for project management.
- Supporting Project Managers across AgResearch by providing coaching and mentoring services.
We are looking for an innovative, influential and resilient leader to establish and drive the Project Support Office. This is a unique role with both strategic and operational components. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven experience establishing, leading and developing a Project Management Office function in a large organisation. Your experience should include designing and implementing a variety of project frameworks within different environments, and tailoring these approaches for successful adoption organization wide.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder engagement / management skills.
- Experience building project management maturity and capability with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Qualifications such as a recognised certification in project management and a relevant tertiary degree.
- Confident communication skills and ability to facilitate capability and knowledge transfer to others.
What can we offer?
AgResearch offers flexible working hours, life and income protection, attractive remuneration, kiwi saver contribution and more. This role is based at our Lincoln Campus on the outskirts of Christchurch.
For more information about AgResearch please visit www.agresearch.co.nz or if you would like to speak to someone regarding this role please contact Justine Wilmoth on +64 21 893 976.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 19th May 2016.