- Key Human Resources Management Role
- Performance Improvement / Excellence Focus
- Invercargill, South Island, New Zealand
Are you looking for a fully encompassing Plant Human Resources management role?
Established in 1948, Alliance Group has its Head Office in Invercargill and operates eight processing plants which are strategically placed across the South Island and lower North Island. The company is a farmer-owned co-operative and is one of the largest exporters of meat products from New Zealand. The Alliance Group’s Lorneville Plant, which is located in Invercargill, is the largest processing plant in the country employing up to 1800 people at the height of the season.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced human resources professional to play a key role in Lorneville’s plant performance improvement programme through providing expert HR advice and support. As a member of the Plant’s leadership team you will assist the Plant Manager in developing a performance focused culture. You will also work with the GM Human Resources to deliver the company-wide HR strategy.
Specific responsibilities for this role include providing specialist advice in all aspects of employee and industrial relations, developing and managing the Plant HR plan and ensuring company employment policies and standards are met. You will develop/support and implement plans as necessary in the areas of recruitment, training and leadership coaching, performance management and payroll and administration.
Candidates for this role will possess the following:
- Substantial “hands on” human resource experience within a fast changing industrial or manufacturing environment
- The proven ability to develop and implement HR policy and procedures
- Well-developed advocacy and negotiation skills and a current understanding of industrial relations, including the ability to prepare employment agreements
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trust and work across all levels within the organisation
- A relevant qualification in management or human resources, ideally at degree level
This role should appeal to individuals who display a high level of leadership behaviour and who want to make a real difference in the Plant’s future. If you see yourself as having the desired skills for a role at this level and are keen to add value to the Alliance Group, then we welcome your application. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the appointee who will have career development opportunities within the Group available to them based on performance.
Invercargill and the wider Southland region offer a number of lifestyle choices. A wide range of recreational activities are available locally or within short travelling distance.
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter at EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Friday 12 May 2017. All applications will be acknowledged by email.