At Trade Me, we move fast and our sites should too. We get thousands of hits every hour and deploy to production multiple times per day - so we need to make sure our sites can handle the jandal and be highly performant under heavy load. We're looking for a Performance Technical Lead to take on the challenge of leading this practice. You'll be Trade Me's resident expert in performance engineering, coaching squads across the business to build and deliver highly performant applications and systems.
First up, here is why you'll love life at Trade Me:
- We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, discounted health insurance, access to wellness initiatives and a bunch of other good stuff.
- We’re a fast-moving company – there’s lots of exciting projects and initiatives on the go, and no two days are the same.
- You’ll gain big-brand experience in a business which has retained that ‘start-up’ feel, allowing you more freedom and opportunity to make a big impact on how we do things.
- As part of the Product & Technology team, you’ll help shape how New Zealand's leading online marketplace evolves its technical platforms and strategies.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Provide technical and strategic performance engineering leadership and guidance to delivery teams around the business.
- Alongside our Development and Test Practice Managers, create and execute a performance strategy to help keep the Trade Me sites up and fast.
- Have the opportunity to work with a wide array of technologies and infrastructure - both local and cloud-based.
- Identify and implement tools and initiatives to ensure Trade Me’s performance engineering practices are continually improving.
So far so good? What we're looking for from you is:
- Significant experience in performance engineering for high-traffic, internet-focussed organisations.
- Experience mentoring/coaching individuals or teams in performance engineering would be beneficial - but we can train up the right person.
- Be comfortable to work throughout the technology, infrastructure and network stack.
Trade Me is New Zealand's most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video and if this is the job for you, apply now.