- Strategic and Operational Focus
- Dynamic and Innovative Sector
- Ashburton Based with Flexibility
EA Networks is a locally owned cooperative network company based in Mid Canterbury. EA Networks owns and operates the regions electricity distribution and an advanced fibre optic communications network. EA Networks are passionate about their business and the region they serve, focused on the delivery of safe and reliable network infrastructure that supports the community and local economy. EA Networks have a great team of 120 staff, including field staff who build and maintain the network. More information is available on their website www.eanetworks.co.nz
Based in Ashburton and reporting to the CEO, this newly created role of People and Capability Manager will have a clear purpose is to lead the development and delivery of human resource and organisational development practices that support and enable managers and their teams to execute strategic and tactical outcomes. Key responsibilities will include:
- Truly understanding what success looks like for their people leaders, and supporting and enabling them to implement practices that will help them realise that success
- Supporting staff to be more effective and help drive a culture where people are proud to come to work
- Oversee the further development of the employment brand and full employee life cycle initiatives
- Oversee the Industrial Relations strategy and negotiations
- Measuring and reporting of key human resource metrics and selection and implementation of an HRIS
- Providing authentic and effective leadership support to the greater team, including an HR Advisor and collaborate with them to continuously improve and innovate people capability frameworks and processes
Skills and Experience
This role requires a down-to-earth and innovative practitioner who can influence others, build great relationships and support managers to foster a high-performance culture. You will be equally comfortable in the field as you will in the boardroom. We are after someone who is comfortable setting systems and frameworks and is well skilled in OD practices relating to the Future of Work. This role requires someone with a strong commercial acumen who can add tangible value to the organisation. A relevant qualification and experience in a similar role are desired.
Flexibility of hours or days will be considered for the right person and we welcome a discussion around this.
This position has plenty of scope for development and an opportunity to stamp your mark on the organisation. If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to further develop your career in a successful business, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Sally Wynn-Williams on 03 345 8759 or Lisa Wheeler on 03 345 8757.
Applications for this role close 5pm Monday 14 September