Volunteer Service Abroad covers costs while you are on assignment, including travel, accommodation, living allowance and more
Be part of an exciting new journey for Young Entrepreneurs Council Solomon Islands (YECSI). This young organisation launched in October 2018 and focuses on the economic empowerment of young people through entrepreneurship. The main purpose of YECSI is to advocate for an improved business environment that allows young entrepreneurs to succeed thereby creating jobs and investment in the nation.
This assignment will require you to work closely with the YECSI coordinator to ensure systems and processes are in place to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals. This includes developing systems to capture information received or given during advocacy activities. You will also conduct relevant activities to support members and monitor and evaluate progress. In doing so you will facilitate training and workshops aimed at strengthening and building entrepreneurs’ capacity.
VSA Assignments provide a unique opportunity for professional development by sharing your skills to build thriving communities in the Pacific and beyond. As the ideal candidate for this role, you are able to provide mentoring, coaching, training and support.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Diploma in Business Administration
- Strong experience in organisational development particularly in regards to strategy and developing processes and procedures
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Event design and facilitation skills
- Training and/or mentoring skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sector